- Dotiwala F, Santara SS, Binker-Cosen A, Li B, Chandrasekaran S**, Lieberman J**, “Granzyme B disrupts central metabolism and protein synthesis in bacteria to promote an immune cell death program”, Cell, 2017 (** - Corresponding author). Featured in Nature Reviews Microbiology. Press release - Closest look yet at killer T-cell activity could yield new approach to tackling antibiotic resistance
- Chandrasekaran S*, Zhang J*, Ross C, Huang Y, Asara J.M., Li H, Daley G.Q., Collins J.J. "Comprehensive mapping of pluripotent stem cell metabolism using dynamic genome-scale network modeling", Cell Reports (in press), 2017
- Bukhari S.A, Saul M.C, Seward C.H, Zhang H., Bensky M., James N., Zhao S.D, Chandrasekaran S, Stubbs L., Bell A.M, “Temporal Dynamics of Neurogenomic Plasticity in Response to Social Interactions in Male Threespined Sticklebacks”, Plos Genetics, 2017.
- Saul, M.C, Seward C, Troy J, Zhang H, Sloofman L, Lu X, Weisner P, Caetano-Anolles D, Sun H, Zhao D, Chandrasekaran S, Sinha S, and Stubbs L. “Transcriptional regulatory dynamics set the stage for a coordinated metabolic and neural response to social threat in mice”, Genome Research, 2017.
- Shpigler H, Saul M.C, Murdoch E.E, Cash-Ahmed A, Seward C.H, Sloofman L, Chandrasekaran S, Sinha S, Stubbs L.J, and Robinson G.E. “Behavioral, transcriptomic and epigenetic responses to social challenge in honey bees”, Genes Brain and Behavior, 2017.
Chandrasekaran S**, Cokol-Cakmak M, Sahin N, Yilancioglu K, Kazan H, Collins J.J and Cokol M**, “Chemogenomics and Orthology-based Design of Antibiotic Combination Therapies”, Molecular Systems Biology (Cover Article), 2016. Most read article in Molecular Systems Biology (as of July 2016). Featured in MedChemNet Video Interview. (Download INDIGO here) (** - Corresponding author)
Sobotka J, Daley M, Chandrasekaran S, Rubin B, Thompson G. “Structure and function of gene regulatory networks associated with worker sterility in honeybees", Ecology and Evolution, 2016
Chandrasekaran S*, Rittschof C*, Djukovic D, Gu H, Raftery D, Price N.D, and Robinson G.E, “Aggression is Associated with Aerobic Glycolysis in the Honey Bee Brain”, Genes Brain and Behavior, 2015.(Top 5 most cited articles in 2015 in Genes Brain and Behavior)
Brooks A.N, Reiss D.J, Allard A, Wu W, Salvanha D.M, Plaisier C, Chandrasekaran S, Pan M, Kaur A, Baliga N.S. A system‐level model for the microbial regulatory genome, Molecular Systems Biology, 2014
Chandrasekaran S, “Predicting Phenotype from Genotype through Reconstruction and Integrative Modeling of Metabolic and Regulatory Networks”, Systems and Synthetic Biology: A Systematic Approach (ed V.V.Kulkarni/G.B.Stan/K.S.Raman), 2014
Chandrasekaran S, “Transcriptional Regulation Of Metabolism And Behavior: Insights From Reconstruction And Modeling Of Complex Biochemical Networks” (dissertation), 2013
- Simeonidis E, Chandrasekaran S, Price ND. “A guide to integrating transcriptional regulatory and metabolic networks using PROM (Probabilistic Regulation of Metabolism)”, Methods in Molecular Biology: Systems Metabolic Engineering (ed: Hal Alper), 2012.
- Sung J, Wang Y, Chandrasekaran S, Witten DM, and ND Price, “Molecular signatures from omics data: from chaos to consensus”. Biotechnology Journal, 2012.
- Chandrasekaran S and N.D. Price, "Probabilistic integrative modeling of genome-scale metabolic and regulatory networks in Escherichia coli and Mycobacterium tuberculosis," PNAS, 2010
- L.B. Edelman, Chandrasekaran S, and N.D. Price, "Systems biology of embryogenesis”, Reproduction, Fertility, and Development, 2010.